[BCMA] Updated Post: Honouring Orange Shirt Day; National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on September 30

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Sep 22 12:49:40 PDT 2023

September 30 is a federal holiday called National Day for Truth and
Reconciliation. The BC Museums Association urges our members, museums, and
Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast to use this day as an opportunity to
learn, reflect, make connections, and take action in redressing more than
150 years of injustice.

This post has been updated for 2023 and discusses the history of September
30/Orange Shirt Day/National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, updates on
changes to how the Province of BC recognizes September 30, shares resources
to help you learn, reflect, and take action, and explores how the BCMA
plans to recognize the date.

To read the updated post, visit our website
<https://museum.bc.ca/national-day-for-truth-and-reconciliation/>.