[BCMA] Justifying Participation In The IBPOC Network

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Sep 14 11:42:05 PDT 2023

As the IBPOC Network travelled across the province this year, we’ve
received great feedback about how to best fulfill the needs of racialized
workers in the cultural sector.

One thing folks have shared again and again is how difficult it can be to
explain the value of attending our sessions to their teams and managers.
IBPOC Network sessions are professional development opportunities, and we
therefore schedule them during the day so that you can attend during paid
work hours.

However, we know that having a conversation about this isn’t always simple,
so we’ve tried to make it easier for you!

Click the link below to access two justification letters that we’ve written
for IBPOC folks to use during these conversations.

*Please note that while this is a resource specifically created for IBPOC
participants, we encourage everyone to read these letters and support
engagement with the network.*

https://museum.bc.ca/brain/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network-justification-letters/.

[image: Justification Letters-2.png]

Jazmin Hundal
Outreach Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca