[BCMA] Free Webinar: Reconciliation & Tech, September 28, 9:00am (PDT)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Sep 11 16:17:55 PDT 2023

 Come learn from our guests at Animikii, a leading Indigenous-owned tech
company, as they share their insights and expertise with us.
[image: Visit our website]
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=4cf7f4451b&e=5bea239331>
Join Us!

In an age of growing concern over AI misuse, data breaches, and digital
surveillance, Indigenous approaches to technology point to a powerful way
forward. This is why we're so excited to invite you to our new
webinar, *Reconciliation
and Tech: Amplifying Indigenous Voices Through Ethical Nonprofit Tech
Practices*.

Come learn with us on *Thursday, September 28th, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET*!

*NOTE: The webinar recording will be uploaded to our website after the live
event.*
Register & learn more about the webinar →
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=0e117c2d3a&e=5bea239331>
[image: Learn with us!]
What you will learn in this webinar:

   1. How concepts such as respectful engagement, Indigenous Data
   Sovereignty, and culturally informed software development pave the way for
   more responsible and equitable technology use;

   2. How nonprofits can embed these practices into their work;

   3. First-hand insights into the process of developing software that not
   only addresses functionality but also respects and promotes Indigenous
   cultural values

   ... and more!

[image: Hope you join us!]
Meet the Hosts

This webinar is lovingly put together by TechSoup Canada and Animikii
Indigenous Technologies. We're looking forward to hosting you!

[image: Chiara]
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=f811ed7581&e=5bea239331>
Speaker:
Ian Capstick, Chief Impact and Communications Officer & the Animikii team
Animikii Indigenous Technology
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=7259ec6841&e=5bea239331>

[image: Chiara]
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=72da31d779&e=5bea239331>
Moderator:
Chiara
Digital Education Manager at TechSoup Canada
<https://techsoup.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e86b8a8d383371558d298d42d&id=bc845b4ca1&e=5bea239331>