[BCMA] webinar: The Museum Exhibition Materials Pledge on Oct. 26

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Oct 18 12:41:25 PDT 2023

Hey all!

We’re hoping you can set some time aside on Thursday, October 26th at 9am (Pacific) to join the MOV’s Curator of Contemporary Culture, Viviane Gosselin, along with panelists from the Madison Children’s Museum, Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, and The Wild Center to discuss The Museum Exhibition Materials Pledge.

The Museum Exhibition Materials Pledge is an invitation to museums and museum exhibition designers to start a conversation about the definition of sustainability. Viviane will focus on the MOV’s project, the Sustainable Arts and Green Ecosystems Project (SAGE), as well as one of our current exhibitions,  Reclaim + Repair: The Mahogany Project<https://museumofvancouver.ca/the-mahogany-project>.

For more information on the Pledge and to sign up for the webinar, visit: https://www.mindfulmaterials.com/museum-pledge

Debby Reis (she/her)
Marketing & Communications Manager
Museum of Vancouver
1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC  V6J 3J9
Phone: 604-730-5309
museumofvancouver.ca<https://museumofvancouver.ca/>

We acknowledge that MOV is located within the unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

[cid:image001.png at 01DA01BF.86B1EE00]

Featured Exhibitions:
Refuge Canada<https://museumofvancouver.ca/refuge-canada>
GHETTO: How Can We Live Together?<https://henriquezpartners.com/venice-biennale/>