[BCMA] Registration Reminder! AABC distance education course: Introduction to Archival Preservation (Jan-March 2024)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Nov 16 13:13:58 PST 2023

please excuse cross postings

Give yourself the gift of learning this holiday season!

Registration is OPEN for one of our most popular distance education
courses, Introduction to Archival Preservation (January 8 - March 18,
2024).
Over the course of 10 weeks, students will be introduced to the concepts
and terminology in archival preservation and the best practices for the
preservation of paper records, photographs, machine readable records, and
electronic media. Students will also learn about design requirements for
archives buildings and storage environments, the exhibition of archival
records, and emergency planning.

*Registration fee:*
- AABC members $350.00 CAD
- Non-members $500.00 CAD
Plus the cost of the course textbook

The course registration deadline is December 8, 2023.

More information about the course and links to register can be found here:
https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/event-5433569

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.