[BCMA] Job Posting - Project Manager

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed May 31 09:50:02 PDT 2023

Job Posting - Project Manager

The B.C. Labour Heritage Centre is hiring a Project Manager.

.   Regular part-time at 24-hours per week.

.   Normally 4 days/week, 9:00 - 3:00 but some evening and weekends

.   $35.57 per hour

.   3 weeks annual vacation plus two-week paid winter closure

.   Annual RRSP contribution

.   Employer paid extended health, dental and disability insured benefits
based on single coverage

.   Workplace is located on Fraserton Court in South Burnaby with parking
and transit access - some remote work opportunities

.   Potential for limited travel within BC

About the BCLHC ( <http://www.labourheritagecentre.ca>
www.labourheritagecentre.ca)

Our organization carries out numerous projects and events to celebrate
British Columbia's labour history.  There are two staff positions, an
Executive Director and Project Manager, who are assisted by a small number
of contracted experts and a significant group of volunteers.

We believe in the value of collecting and presenting the rich and diverse
stories of working people and unions in BC that have played an important
role in the labour movement, improving society and economic development. We
engage in partnerships and projects to share our history and centre voices
previously left out. These include the stories of diverse populations,
including Indigenous workers and organizations.

Further, our work broadens educational and intergenerational connections
using varied media.  We connect the past with contemporary situations and
explore their impact on shaping the province and informing strategies for
the future.

Duties of the Project Manager include:

a.       Managing of our Oral History Project:

.         Coordinating volunteer interviewers, and/or conducting interviews,
post-production, transcription, summarizing, posting and archiving.

.         Outreach to interview subjects as required.

.         Recruiting, training and directing volunteer interviewers and
transcribers.

.         Liaising with SFU Special Collections and other archives.

.         Ensuring audio/visual equipment is maintained in good working
order.

b.      Management of our Walking Tours Project:

.         Developing, implementing, maintaining and promoting labour history
walking tours in all regions of the province on our mobile app.

.         Coordinating and leading labour history walking tours in-person
from time-to-time, and/or training and scheduling volunteer guides.

c.       Assisting with Centre communications:

.   Developing graphics and text, and posting to various social media.

.   Updating website (WordPress).

.   Developing virtual exhibits.

.   Researching and writing short articles and research documents, source
images and secure approvals.

d.      Attending and reporting to board meetings held during working hours
approximately 5 times per year.

e.       Other project management or tasks as assigned.

General responsibilities of the position:

a.       Reporting to Executive Director in a collaborative working
environment.

b.      Working within broad direction of an elected board

c.       Recruitment, training and management of volunteers.

d.      Outreach to unions and community partners

Experience, background and attributes:

a.       Knowledge of the history of the B.C. labour movement, including
both unionized and non-union workers.

b.      Ability to work with the labour movement and community partners.

c.       Demonstrated initiative and innovative nature.

d.      Historical research experience.

e.       Strong English language competency - both written and oral.

f.        Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.

g.      Ability to work independently to meet objectives and deadlines.

h.      Proficiency in email, Dropbox, Microsoft 365, Google, Zoom, video
editing, WordPress and other online tools and social media.

i.        This position is covered by UFCW 1518 Professional Division.

Please submit a cover letter and resume to Donna Sacuta, Executive Director
at  <mailto:info at labourheritagecentre.ca> info at labourheritagecentre.ca by
June 30, 2023.

Short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule in-person interviews.