[BCMA] Free Curators' Tour May 25 at BVM - Truths Not Often Told

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed May 17 11:46:03 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Burnaby Village Museum is pleased to announce a free Curators’ Tour of our newest exhibit, Truths Not Often Told: Being South Asian in Burnaby. Next Thursday, May 25, at 6:30pm come and explore the rich history and culture of Burnaby's South Asian Canadian community. Co-Curators Jane Lemke and Dr. Anushay Malik will discuss the difficult task of uncovering these often untold stories throughout history and will highlight the stories of resilience and hope of today's South Asian Canadian community. See attached flyer for more details.

To register, visit: https://webreg.burnaby.ca/webreg/Activities/ActivitiesDetails.asp?aid=9105 or call 604-297-4565.

We hope to see you there!

Ashley Jones
Museum Education Programmer
Direct: 604-294-7718
Cell: 604-364-8497
She | Her | Hers
City of Burnaby  |  Burnaby Village Museum
6501 Deer Lake Ave  |  Burnaby, BC  V5G 3T6

Our Purpose: To create the city that we all want to live in and be in.

The City of Burnaby respectfully acknowledges that Burnaby is located on the ancestral and unceded homelands of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples.

The contents of this email message are solely the writings, thoughts and/or ideas of the account holder and may not necessarily reflect those of the City of Burnaby. If you have any concerns regarding inappropriate use of this account please e-mail the postmaster at burnaby.ca<mailto:postmaster at burnaby.ca>