[BCMA] BC’s Arts, Culture, and Heritage Sector is Remarkably Precarious and Needs Support More Than Ever

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Mar 23 09:12:08 PDT 2023

Gardens will be closing on April 27, 2023, the BC Museums Association has
shared the following opinion piece with BC-based media.

On behalf of the BC Museums Association (BCMA), our hearts go out to the
staff who are being laid off and to the volunteers who are losing their
connection to a place where they have invested so much time, meaning, and
joy.

Arts, culture, and heritage organizations matter and the closure of just
one will have social, educational, and economic impacts on the broader
community. Our sector is still remarkably precarious coming out of the
pandemic, and without sustained support, we will continue to see more
closures like the Bateman Gallery and Point Ellice House.

Read the full statement here:
https://museum.bc.ca/opinion-bcs-arts-culture-and-heritage-sector-is-remarkably-precarious-and-needs-support-more-than-ever/

Sincerely,

Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca