[BCMA] Work opportunities with the Sidney Museum and Archives

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Mar 16 08:23:43 PDT 2023

Good morning BCMA Colleagues,

Apologies for the flurry of posts going out from us this month - it's been
busy!

The Sidney Museum and Archives is currently hiring for the following three
positions:

   - *Assistant Director|Archives Manager* (*Permanent, full time*) -
   Provides support to the Executive Director in regular museum operational
   tasks, exhibit research & enhancement, and archival management &
   organization tasks.
   - *Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator* (*Permanent, full time*) - Assists
   the Museum in connecting with the wider community via social media,
   promotion and publicity, as well as organizing and guiding the Museum's
   active volunteers and interns. The successful candidate would also assist
   with the daily operations of the Museum.
   - *Museum Assistant* (*Summer student position*): Assists with the
   day-to-day operations of the Museum, as well as work on projects that
   relate to collections management and community engagement via social media
   and online marketing.

For convenience, all three job descriptions, including application
deadlines, have been attached to this message. If you could circulate it
among your colleagues and networks, we would really appreciate it!

Many thanks,
Michael Goodchild

--
Michael Goodchild, BA, MMST.
Executive Director,

*Address*: 2423 Beacon Ave L-3, Sidney, BC V8L 1X5
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sidney+Museum/@48.6487465,-123.3993606,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb4d51ead688151b7?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdsI_Wmav4AhUtD0QIHRhkAVYQ_BJ6BAhCEAU>
*Tel*: 250-655-6355
*Mobile*: 1-403-585-7938
*Email*: director at sidneymuseum.ca
*Web*: https://sidneymuseum.ca/

*We respectfully acknowledge the Sidney Museum & Archives has been shaped
by the colonial history of Canada, and is located in Sidney/SET,TINES on
the unceded territory of the W̱SÁNEĆ People. We understand that territory
acknowledgment is just one part of Reconciliation, and the museum continues
to work towards other ways that we can participate in Reconciliation
alongside Indigenous communities.*
--

Vanessa Gelhaar
Operations Manager
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

*BCMA's 2023* *Professional Development Bursaries are now available. Find
out more and apply before March 20
<https://museum.bc.ca/funding-opportunities/bcma-bursaries/>!*