[BCMA] Objects available from the Vernon Museum & Archives

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Mar 3 14:03:10 PST 2023

Hello,

The  Vernon Museum and Archives has some objects available for transfer. My personal favorite is the vintage chair, which in our records is a dentist chair, because it manages to make going to the dentist even more uncomfortable than it is. We also have some surveying equipment which no museum anywhere is complete without. We have a display of bugs brought back from Africa by a local naturalist which invoke a delightful shiver when you look at the scorpions.  Museums in the Okanagan should take note of our vintage "Okanagan Telephone Company" sign. Everyone will enjoy our lampshade because objects that turn out to be way larger than you expect them to be are always fun.

Please see the attached spreadsheet for more details. If you are interested in any objects, have questions or wish for more or better photos please contact me at Carolyn.ben at vernonmusuem.ca<mailto:Carolyn.ben at vernonmusuem.ca>. The costs associated with transferring the item will fall on the receiving organization.

Carolyn Ben (she/her)
Greater Vernon Museum & Archives
3009 - 32nd Avenue | Vernon, BC V1T 2L8
www.vernonmuseum.ca<http://www.vernonmuseum.ca>
WE RESPECTFULLY ACKNOWLEDGE Greater Vernon Museum & Archives is located on the Ancestral, Traditional and Unceded Territory of the Okanagan Nation and the Syilx People.