[BCMA] Announcing the Pathways Program

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jun 20 07:57:35 PDT 2023

Pathways

learn, reflect, integrate

Arts BC <https://artsbc.org/>, the BC Museums Association
<https://museum.bc.ca/> (BCMA), the Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre
Alliance <https://www.gvpta.ca/> (GVPTA), and the Rural Arts Inclusion Lab
<https://www.ruralinclusion.ca/> (RAIL) are excited to announce the
Pathways pilot program.

For over a year we have been working with and in our communities, listening
to and collaborating with individuals and organizations to deepen our
understanding of the equity and access landscape in the province.

There is a huge spectrum of experiences and unique perspectives that need
to be acknowledged and involved in serving our arts, culture, and heritage
communities. Historically, the sector has been constructed to amplify and
support the voices of some while marginalizing and appropriating from
others. There have always been examples of organizations that have led and
continue to innovate and champion equity and access.

The Pathways program addresses the needs of organizations as they tackle
the challenges of implementing specific equity practices into their work,
regardless of scale, geographic or historical context. It is an
individualized process that focuses on turning learning into action.

This pilot project represents a significant investment in time and
resources to try to do things differently.  From its inception we have
centered and woven collaboration, deep listening, holding brave space,
embodying equitable relations and being accountable to our communities past
present and future.

The Pathways pilot program will support organizations and individuals for a
full year as they identify and reach learning goals, then begin to
implement their learning into their organizations.

Each participant’s pathway and context is unique and the goal of this model
is to practice new ways of learning that involve reflection and
participation in wider community.

The Pathways pilot program will launch in September 2023. Participants will
be supported with individualized learning pathways, peer networks and
one-on-one guidance.

The pilot phase will allow us to deepen our understanding of what
individuals and organizations need to move forward, in order to evolve and
grow the program.

Our hope is that supporting individuals within organizations as they engage
in this work, providing time for reflection and support for implementation
of new learning will lead to a real change in the arts/culture/heritage
sector in BC.

Pathways is developed by a collaborative community of organizations and our
networks that include BCMA, Arts BC, GVPTA and RAIL. The Pathways project
is a partnership between this community and the BC Arts Council.

If you are interested in learning more about the Pathways pilot program,
visit manypathways.ca and sign up for our mailing list. We look forward to
sharing more information about the program later this summer.