[BCMA] Kamloops Art Gallery director appointed to CAMDO

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 1 15:33:56 PDT 2023

Announced at the May 30, 2023, Annual Members Meeting of the Canadian Art Museum Directors Organization (CAMDO) national conference in Winnipeg, MB, Kamloops Art Gallery Executive Director Margaret Chrumka was nominated to join the CAMDO Board of Directors by acclamation starting immediately.

Chrumka has been an active member of CAMDO since 2016. The purpose of CAMDO is to serve as a convener and catalyst for public art museum and gallery directors in Canada. The membership includes university and public galleries/art museums with CEOs from the National Gallery of Canada, Art Gallery of Ontario, Winnipeg Art Gallery- Qaumajuq, Vancouver Art Gallery, and many others participating. CAMDO's mission is to strengthen the ability of Canadian gallery directors to champion art and its significance in society.

"I am deeply honoured to have been nominated to this national board. It represents a recognition of the impactful work taken on by the Kamloops Art Gallery and our expertise and commitment to sharing the important role that art and artists play in society," says Chrumka. "I look forward to working with my colleagues on the CAMDO board to continue to facilitate and strengthen the understanding and transformative experiences that encounters with art offer."

Members of the 2023/2024 board are:
*          Jean-François Bélisle, Musée d'art de Joliette - President
*          Alexandra Badzak, Ottaway Art Gallery - Past President
*          Cheryl Sim, PHI Foundation, Montréal - Vice President
*          Catherine Crowston, Art Gallery of Alberta - Treasurer
*          Nancy Noble, Art Gallery of Greater Victoria - Secretary
*          Barbara Fischer, Art Museum, University of Toronto
*          Alyssa Fearron, Dunlop Art Gallery, Regina
*          Margaret Chrumka, Kamloops Art Gallery, Kamloops

Margaret Chrumka has been with the Kamloops Art Gallery since 2012 and was appointed Executive Director in 2016. She has been a member of the BC Museums Association since 2012 and is currently a member of the Advocacy Committee.

[signature_1840475354]

MARGARET CHRUMKA [she/her]
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
mchrumka at kag.bc.ca<mailto:mchrumka at kag.bc.ca>
250.377.2400 x 2412

KAMLOOPS ART GALLERY
101 - 465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC  V2C 2A9
250.377.2400  |  www.kag.bc.ca<http://www.kag.bc.ca/>

The Kamloops Art Gallery is situated on the traditional unceded lands of the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc within Secwepemcúl'ecw; the traditional territory of the Secwépemc people.