[BCMA] BCMA 2024 Federal Budget Letter

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jul 25 08:52:20 PDT 2023

Every year, the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance holds a
public consultation on the next federal budget. Canadians can share their
thoughts, ideas, and priorities through a variety of participation options.

All Canadians are able to share their thoughts, ideas, and priorities. The
Committee will review all input received and table a report on these
consultations in the House of Commons prior to its adjournment in December
2023.

The BCMA encourages members to make the voice of our sector heard by
submitting a written brief. Written submissions are being welcomed
until Friday,
August 4, 2023 at 08:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time (11:59 pm Eastern). To
submit, visit the 2024 Pre-Budget Consultations website
<https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/FINA/StudyActivity?studyActivityId=12173416>
.

On behalf of our more than 450 members in 180+ communities large and small
across British Columbia, we respectfully request the following
considerations:

   1. Modernize the Museums Assistance Program and increase its funding to
   $50,000,000 by 2028.
   2. Create a one-time investment of $100,000,000 to fund sustainability
   upgrades, infrastructure improvements, and climate change mitigation
   measures for arts, culture, and heritage organizations.
   3. Renew funding for the Canada Arts and Culture Recovery Program
   (CACRP) to support arts, culture, and heritage organizations during the
   prolonged recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
   4. Fund the implementation of UNDRIP in the cultural heritage sector and
   Moved to Action report recommendations.

Read the full letter on our website
<https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-2024-federal-budget-letter/>.