[BCMA] A Vancouver Police Museum Speaker Series Event; Between Blade and Bullet: The Mary Steinhauser Story

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 21 12:03:31 PDT 2023

Join the VPMA in welcoming Margaret Franz author of "Between Blade &
Bullet: the Mary Steinhauser Story"

 At our next speaker series event, join the VPMA in a discussion with
Margaret Franz as she talks about her heroic and courageous sister Mary
Steinhauser (1942-1975).The story of Mary Steinhauser is told by her sister
Margaret Franz in the book "Between Blade and Bullet: The Mary Steinhauser
Story".

Mary was the only peace officer in the history of penal institutions in
Canada to offer up her life in the service of her country. It was during a
1975 prison escape attempt and 41-hour hostage-taking by three desperate
inmates at the B.C. Penitentiary in New Westminster, BC, where Mary
volunteered to be the principal hostage and lost her life in the process.

Part of the Vancouver Police Museum and Archives Speakers Series, join
Margaret for an intimate discussion on the impact of her sister's life and
her ultimate sacrifice, and Margaret's experience of writing Between Blade
& Bullet. Taking place on Thursday July 27th, we will commence at 6:00pm.
Tickets are $20.00 and include admission to the Museum. The event will
conclude at 8:00pm. Please note that our heritage building does not have
an elevator and is not wheelchair accessible.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/between-blade-bullet-a-discussion-with-margaret-franz-tickets-670385339597?aff=oddtdtcreator
Katherine Figueiredo (she/her)
Program Manager
Vancouver Police Museum
Email: learning at vancouverpolicemuseum.ca
Phone: 604-665-3346

Office Hours:
Thursdays & Fridays 9am - 5pm
Sundays 11am - 5pm

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.