[BCMA] Military Insignia

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jul 19 09:28:41 PDT 2023

Hello, Museum-world!

The Creston Museum has received a large collection of military insignia,
including shoulder and arm patches, cap badges, uniform buttons, a few
medals. They were passed on to us from the local RCMP detachment, who
received them from the family of a local man after he passed away. He was,
apparently, an avid collector. Some of the medals have the recipients'
names engraved on the edge, but beyond that there is nothing to link any of
these items to specific individuals.

Many are Canadian, with a healthy serving of US mixed in, a few German, and
some other origins.

Are any of you with military collections interested in any of these? I'm
attaching a couple of photos to give you a bit of an idea what we've got,
and photos of the whole lot are available here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1peU8u08xL0GQjC8U48399lE23U234zHr?usp=sharing

Ideally, I'm hoping someone says they'd like the whole kit and caboodle,
but I'm happy to send individual pieces or smaller lots to you if there's
something specific you're looking for. All we ask is that you pay the
shipping.

Direct email is tammy at crestonmuseum.ca, or give me a call at 250-428-9262.

Thanks!

Tammy

Tammy Bradford, Manager

Creston Museum

219 Devon Street, Creston BC V0B 1G3

250-428-9262

*The Creston Museum operates on the unceded traditional territory of Yaqan
Nukiy within the Ktunaxa Nation.*