[BCMA] PoCo Heritage seeking qualified heritage consultants

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sat Feb 4 14:28:41 PST 2023

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST

The Port Coquitlam Heritage and Cultural Society (Poco Heritage) is
inviting expressions of interest from qualified Heritage Consultants to
develop a post-Covid revitalization Strategic Plan for its museum and
archives.

TITLE:  Poco Heritage Museum and Archives Post-Covid Revitalization
Strategic Plan

PROJECT INTENT

The strategic plan will provide our Society with a clear road map for our
future goals, directions and operations.   It will provide us with a guide
to change our board governance, to empower our staff with a clear direction
for the museum and to establish the museum and archives as a valued partner
in Port Coquitlam's cultural fabric.

SCOPE OF WORK

The Strategic Plan to include:

   -

   an analysis of the current state of the Poco Heritage museum and
   archives;
   -

   a bench-mark comparison with similar-sized museums and archives in
   British Columbia;
   -

   a vision-statement based on stakeholder consultations with the Board,
   Membership, Municipal Council and members of the community;
   -

   An implementation plan to achieve desired vision including staffing,
   budgetary and facility requirements; and,
   -

   A transition plan to move from a working Board to a governance Board.
   .

Work to begin May 2023 and to be complete by June 2023.  The contract for
the work is contingent upon receipt of grant funding.

QUALIFICATIONS

The ideal candidate will have experience in archives and museum management,
project management, stakeholder consultation,report writing and developing
strategic plans.

Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining
your qualifications to president at pocoheritage.org by Monday February 13,
2023.  The covering letter should provide both a time and cost estimate.

Jack Choules

President

Poco Heritage

778.879.5420