[BCMA] AABC webinar: "A+ Teaching with Primary Sources from the Archives" (Feb 15, 2023)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Feb 3 13:34:03 PST 2023

please excuse cross-postings

Join the AABC for our upcoming webinar "A+: Teaching with Primary Sources
from the Archives".

As archival practitioners, we find ourselves surrounded by records on a
daily basis that contain fantastic stories, mysteries, drama and the
mundane…all forming part of our collective identity and history. Sharing
these records with the public is one of the reasons why we open our doors
to researchers and engage in different types of outreach. Using records
themselves as a teaching tool for students offers a renewed interest and
focus on the work we do behind the scenes. Join us for this webinar as we
discuss the “who, what, where, when, why & how” of teaching with primary
sources. We will also hear from Emily Lonie who will share her experiences
with using the archives to teach while working at the City of Coquitlam
Archives.