[BCMA] Artist Call - Looking Back: Expressions of History

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Dec 12 11:48:16 PST 2023

EXHIBIT DATE | April 4 - May 24, 2024

DEADLINE | March 1, 2024 at 5PM

Coquitlam Heritage is seeking artwork for our upcoming exhibit, Looking Back: Expressions of Local History to be held at Place des Arts in Coquitlam. The Coquitlam Heritage Society is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a special exhibition highlighting the organization’s past, its efforts documenting oral histories and gathering artifacts, and its community outreach with events like Diwali, Mid-Autumn Moon, and Black History Month Festival.

We want artists to look at history from their vantage point. Is there a particular event in Coquitlam you have visited over the years? Do you feel nostalgic about a certain location? Annual family picnics in a local park, memories of tobogganing down a steep hill, the strangeness of immigrating to a new place, discovering favourite shops, a game played in one of the many school sports teams, we want you to tell your story through art.

Artworks can include but are not limited to, depictions of local historic events, your memories, personal history, or nostalgia. Mediums can include, but are not limited to, photography, painting, drawing, illustration, collage, textile, mixed media, and sculpture.

Ages 16+, recreational and  professional artists are welcome to apply.

Full submission guidelines here: https://www.coquitlamheritage.ca/artist-callout-looking-back-exhibition

No submission fee required.

If you have any questions or concerns about submissions or the exhibit, contact Heritage Manager of Exhibits, Markus Fahrner at mfahrner at coquitlamheritage.ca or (604) 516-6151.

Emily Zhang

Programs Manager

Pronouns: she/her

Coquitlam Heritage at Mackin House

1116 Brunette Ave | Coquitlam BC | V3K 1G2

604-516-6151

www.coquitlamheritage.ca<http://www.coquitlamheritage.ca/>

We are located on the unceded, traditional territories of the Kwikwetlem First Nation.