[BCMA] Celebrate Heritage Week in Your Community!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Dec 6 10:41:05 PST 2023

>From February 19-25, 2024, communities across British Columbia are going to
be taking part in Heritage Week
<https://heritagebc.ca/events-activities/heritage-week/layer-by-layer/>, an
annual event that encourages you to learn about and advocate for heritage
in your community.

In anticipation of Heritage Week, we are sending 2 free 8.5x11” posters
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14q89G1p49iq-gqS3rzW8axjPffL3qcpl/view> to
heritage and cultural organizations across BC. If you would like to receive
posters please reply to this email with your name and address before Sunday
December 17th, and we will add you to our mailing list.

This year we are spreading the word about Heritage Week in a number of ways:

   1.

   Partnering with Local Tourism Organizations: Participating tourism
   offices will be putting up posters and spreading news about the week via
   social media. They will be encouraging their communities to visit local
   cultural and heritage sites during Heritage Week! Get in touch with your
   local office
   <https://www.hellobc.com/plan-your-trip/visitor-information-services/>
   if you’re planning an event to help spread the word.
   2.

   Heritage Week Events Calendar: If you are planning a Heritage Week
   event, make sure to add your event to our online Events Calendar.
   <https://heritagebc.ca/events-activities/heritage-week/layer-by-layer/heritage-week-attend/>
   If you aren’t planning an event, but your site will be open to the public
   during Heritage Week, then you can still add your site to the calendar, and
   it will show up as a location on the map view of our events page! This will
   help those interested in participating in Heritage Week find nearby places
   where they can learn about local history and traditions.

If you are thinking of hosting an event, go to our website to learn how,
including ideas for events and images to share on social media. Visit
https://heritagebc.ca//heritage-week-host/.

Have questions about Heritage Week and how you can get involved? Contact me
at npicard at heritagebc.ca. I would love to hear from you!

Warm Regards, Nathalie

*--*
*Nathalie Lim Picard *(she/her)
Heritage Program Coordinator
604-417-7243 ext. 103

*➤--Follow us @heritagebcanada <https://linktr.ee/heritagebc>*

➤--*Subscribe to our newsletter
<https://heritagebc.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=2081f5d4b932bd1a9a4b4e743&id=1a27edef87>*

*As an organization of provincial scope, Heritage BC recognizes that
its members, and the local history and heritage they seek to preserve,
occupy the lands and territories of B.C.’s Indigenous peoples. Heritage BC
asks its members to reflect on the places where they reside and work, and
to respect the diversity of cultures and experiences that form the richness
of our provincial heritage. Learn more about on whose land you live.
<https://native-land.ca/>*