[BCMA] AABC distance education course - Oral History (Sept - Nov 2023), registration deadline August 31

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sat Aug 12 12:45:37 PDT 2023

please excuse cross postings

Registration closes shortly for the upcoming AABC distance education
course: Oral History: From Theory to Practice.

Now more than ever it is important to capture stories of our heritage and
cultural experiences and ensure that this information is preserved for
future generations. Over the course of 10 weeks, students will learn how to
plan for an oral history project; interview best practices; tips for
description, transcription and preservation; and how to manage public
outreach related to your project.

*Course duration:* Sept 11 – Nov 20, 2023

*Registration fee:* $350.00 (AABC members), $500.00 (non-members); plus the
cost of the course textbooks (available in print or electronic versions)

More information about the course and a registration link can be found on
the AABC website at:

https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/Oral-History-Theory-to-Practice

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.