[BCMA] DABC Accessibility Projects Grants Application Process Opens for 2023

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Aug 9 09:36:47 PDT 2023

DABC has opened our annual Accessibility Projects Grants application process.

Please read the press release here: http://disabilityalliancebc.org/press-release-accessibility-projects-grants-application-process-opens-for-2023/<http://disabilityalliancebc.org/press-release-accessibility-projects-grants-application-process-opens-for-2023/>

As part of the Province’s goal to improve accessibility for people with disabilities in BC, Disability Alliance BC was selected by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR) to distribute funding to community based “Accessibility Projects” beginning in 2018. Since then, over 70 projects have been funded.

This year the grants have reopened again with a total of $450,000 available. BC-based not-for-profit organizations may apply for up to $40,000 for community engagement projects that will support lasting change for people in BC living with disability.

Please read the full announcement and download the application documents here: https://disabilityalliancebc.org/program/accessibility-projects/<https://disabilityalliancebc.org/program/accessibility-projects/>
The announcement will also be available in ASL as embedded videos on the webpage above very soon, please stay tuned.

We would be grateful if you could spread the word by sharing with your networks. Please do reach out to us if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Helaine

Helaine Boyd (she/her) | Pronunciation<https://namedrop.io/helaineboyd>
Executive Director
Disability Alliance BC
#1450-605 Robson St. Vancouver, BC. V6B 5J3
604.872.1278
Website: http://www.disabilityalliancebc.org/<http://www.disabilityalliancebc.org/>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisabAllianceBC<https://twitter.com/DisabAllianceBC>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DisabilityAllianceBC<http://www.facebook.com/DisabilityAllianceBC>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9C6BD.C00E6DF0]

*please let me know your access needs and if items are best sent an alternative way via email

DABC is located on the unceded traditional lands of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples, now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Métis people. Our work extends across the homelands of many diverse Indigenous peoples within the area we often call British Columbia. We honour the many territorial keepers of the lands. To find out whose land you are on you can visit: https://native-land.ca/<https://native-land.ca/>

DABC produces a monthly newsletter called “Our Voice” that provides updates on our services and important news in the disability community – to subscribe, please click here<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001A1aP_pJcM6LJbnsZXVFKzWdzL_NxORR7V64kfC_dnXny780ZUdYnpsGY66D7NoPB4L-bZ4encTX_K-cxQimrzIdDpLvpgbT4>