[BCMA] Communications & Outreach Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs-Pending Funds)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Apr 19 12:48:25 PDT 2023

Communications & Outreach Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs-Pending Funds)

Coquitlam Heritage is Coquitlam’s museum. We operate Mackin House and Fraser Mills Train Station. And we preserve, honour, and promote the diverse history of Coquitlam through tours, exhibits, social media and events at our location and at various venues around Coquitlam. The variety of Coquitlam Heritage’s programming, exhibits, and outreach activities throughout the year highlight historical and cultural perspectives to enhance community understanding on a diversity of perspectives relevant to our growing community.

Working with the Manager, Communications and Outreach and the team, the Communications and Outreach assistant will support communications and marketing campaigns for Coquitlam Heritage, work on outreach programs in development, and be part of our event outreach team.

This role includes researching, writing and designing for web based and print material, creating social media campaigns, posts and reels, taking good pictures, editing video, and also includes being able to assist with onsite and off-site event set up, talking to community members of all ages engaging our audiences in ways that build meaningful connections over time.

General Requirements

  *   Demonstrates a genuine interest in community, heritage, history, and culture
  *   An interest learning more about and telling the story of, the people of this region
  *   Displays a helpful, outgoing personality. Works well in a team and individually
  *   Has the ability to focus on and complete tasks in a timely manner
  *   Is organized and can prioritize
  *   Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
  *   Excellent design and editing skills
  *   Sound knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok
  *   Sound knowledge of a design software such as InDesign, Publisher

  *   Experience editing video using a software such as Adobe Premiere
  *   Experience with photo and illustration software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator an asset
  *   Working knowledge of Canva, Squarespace and Wordpress an asset.

  *   Is flexible and happy to lend a hand wherever it’s needed
  *   Can lift up to 20 lbs safely
  *   Driver’s licence and access to a car an asset
  *   Applicants must be fluent in English, but fluency in French or another language is an asset
  *   Must pass a criminal record check
  *   Is able to work Saturdays and some evenings
  *   2nd language skills not required but considered an asset

This position is suitable for those considering a career in Communications, marketing, museum communications and programming, tourism, community building or history. Applicants should be working towards a degree in Communications, Marketing, Museum Studies, Education, History, Tourism, or a related field.
Coquitlam Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities.
This is a 30 hour a week position that will run for 11 weeks, working Tuesday to Saturday.
Compensation: $17.00/hr
Deadline: May 5th, 2023
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF outlining how you meet the requirements to:

Charisma Christal
Communications and Community Outreach Manager
cchristal at coqutilamheritage.ca
Subject line: YourName_CmnsOutreach_Assistant_CSJ_Application