[BCMA] Do you love dinosaurs? We have a summer job for you!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 14 16:28:08 PDT 2023

The busy summer season is quickly approaching, and we are looking to fill several summer student positions and one internship. If you have a passion for giant prehistoric creatures, working outside, meeting and talking to people, delivering STEAM programs, and detail-oriented work, we have a fun summer planned for you!

Candidates must qualify under the employment program associated with the position. All positions and contract schedules are subject to funding approvals.

We are accepting applications for the following positions:

Summer Programs Lead (1) Internship - Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage Program

The role of the Summer Programs Lead is to assist in the development and delivery of summer programs including education, summer camps, drop-in programs, and to support special events. They will lead a small team of programming staff and be responsible for coordinating public programs across departments. Click here for complete details.<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nKIHH8HDzNBVJE0p6yDaDK3-5UkiF1--/view?usp=sharing>

Programs Assistant (1) - Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations Program

The role of the Programs Assistant is to aid in the preparation and delivery of public programs for diverse audiences on the subjects of palaeontology, biodiversity, and the human heritage and history of Tumbler Ridge and the Peace Region. Weekend work is a requirement for this position. Click here for complete details.<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j1jC-s4nngv0MHQ4AThww8ieHYuy6A-T/view?usp=sharing>

Gallery Interpreter (1) - Canada Summer Jobs Program

The role of the Gallery Interpreter is to be the first line of inquiry and communication and is the face of service at the museum. The role of the Gallery Interpreter is to greet guests, process admissions and gift shop sales, open and close the museum, offer and deliver museum gallery tours, assist in scheduling tours and other bookings. Weekend work is a requirement for this position. Click here for complete details<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vk7SZ3pVInS1xIW4Toyd5RkC1F0y03oj/view?usp=sharing>.

Tour Guide (4) - Canada Summer Jobs Program

The role of the Tour Guide is to escort individuals or groups through the museum gallery, and offsite sightseeing tours to places of interest including the Cabin Pool tracksite, the Wolverine River tracksite, and other areas, as developed by museum staff. The Tour Guide must have an interest in history, the outdoors, palaeontology, geology, or local biodiversity. Weekend and evening work is a requirement for this position. Click here for complete details.<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a9XVgpO2M1hz1nJMO6LRVMzFIC5CY5Pi/view?usp=sharing>
Zena Conlin
Executive Director

Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation
Box 1348, 255 Murray Drive
Tumbler Ridge, BC V0C 2W0
250.242.3466

www.trmf.ca<http://www.trmf.ca/>

The Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation recognizes and thanks the stewards and knowledge keepers of these lands who have been here long before the existence of Tumbler Ridge; the Dunne-Za, Tse'Khene, Saulteau, Cree, and Metis Peoples. We express our gratitude at the privilege of living and working here. The TRMF has benefited greatly from this land and as such we reflect on our presence and practices, and hold space for better a future.