[BCMA] Today is the day! Bold Board: Building Stronger Relationships With Government

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Sep 22 10:14:37 PDT 2022

*Bold Board: Building Stronger Relationships With Government*
Today, September 22nd
12:00pm - 1:00pm PDT

Join the BCMA, Alliances for Arts and Culture, and Arts BC as we celebrate
Advocacy Week.

Advocacy, research, and communications build awareness about the value and
impacts of our members and the BC cultural sector among policymakers and
the general public. Advocacy can be carried out by institutes large and
small and through various initiatives. Join the BCMA for a panel discussion
where we explore how boards can be stronger advocates by building good
relationships with local governments. Boards can energize their arts,
culture, and heritage organizations by being active, engaged, and bold in
advocacy.

Hear from our panelists Joshua Seymour, Councillor for the Lheidli t'enneh,
Brian McBay, Director of 221A, and Katherine Scouten, Business and Economic
Development Consultant and previous board president of The Exploration
Place.

 Registration is free
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/f50d27d640bcfca7f40d03dae663dcaaf7189ef1/1>,
so bring a friend or two!

[image: BC Museums Association (2).png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>