[BCMA] Items Available for Transfer

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Sep 15 11:04:15 PDT 2022

Hello all!

My name is Wren Shaman and I am the current Heritage Stewardship Officer for the Province of British Columbia. Part of my job is maintaining the collection of historic artifacts at the Provincial Heritage Properties. Recently we did a de-accessioning project at Emily Carr House, in which we deaccessioned a few artifacts and cleared out part of the parallel collection at the site. Attached to this email is the inventory of items we are removing from the site, all of which are available to be sent to other institutions. If you, and your institutions are interested in having any of the artifacts set aside for you for pick up (if you come through the Victoria area) or sent to you, please respond via email to wren.shaman at gov.bc.ca<mailto:wren.shaman at gov.bc.ca>. If we are shipping items, please note that the receiving organization will have to cover the cost of shipping. This is the link to the document with the items available (https://www.dropbox.com/s/z20zyqha5juukox/CH%20Listserve%20List.docx%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0), as it is quite a large file.

The posting for artifacts will be available from September 15th and 29th and artifacts will be available for local pickup from September 16th to October 21st. Items will be mailed out between September 16th and October 21st. Items will be available on a "first come fist serve" basis, and folks will have two weeks, from the date of contact, to arrange pickup/mailing.

Information to include in artifact requests:

  *   Your name, organization, mailing address, and contact information
  *   If you will be picking up or shipping your selected artifacts
  *   The numbers of your selected artifacts (see corresponding attachment via link)

Best,
Wren

Wren Shaman
Pronouns: she/they
Heritage Stewardship Officer | Heritage Branch
Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport
(778) 405-2049 | wren.shaman at gov.bc.ca<mailto:wren.shaman at gov.bc.ca>
www.gov.bc.ca/bcheritage<http://www.gov.bc.ca/bcheritage>