[BCMA] New Webinar: Indigenous Heritage Component of MAP with Canadian Heritage

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Sep 8 10:00:00 PDT 2022

*New Webinar! BCMA Webinar: Indigenous Heritage Component of the Museum
Assistance Program with Canadian Heritage*
*Wednesday September 28, 1:00pm to 2:00pm PST*

Are you an Indigenous heritage organization looking for project funding to
support your strategic plan? Are you an Indigenous government developing a
heritage preservation plan? Are you a non-Indigenous museum looking to
meaningfully engage with the local Indigenous community? The Indigenous
Heritage component of the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) provides funding
for projects related to the preservation, management and presentation of
Indigenous cultural heritage while also seeking to increase public
awareness and understanding of the rich and diverse cultures of Indigenous
Peoples. To learn more about the Indigenous Heritage component, please join
the Department of Canadian Heritage Senior Program Advisors, Keltie
MacKenzie and Michael Smith when they will give an overview of the program
guidelines, explain what types of projects and organizations are eligible
for funding, and answer your questions about the application process and
project assessment. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions
following the presentation.

*This session is free, but registration is required. Register today
<https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=88>! *

If you have any questions, please contact Leia at engagement at museum.bc.ca

Don't forget, we also have a BC Arts Council Funding webinar on September
15th <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=86>.

[image: Indigenous MAP Funding Webinar.jpg]

Leia Patterson
Engagement Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her
*I check emails twice a day, and therefore might not get back to you until
my next check. Thanks for being patient!*

As part of the BCMA's strategic planning process, we would like to hear
from you! Take our six-question survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BCMAPLAN> and help share the future of the
BCMA. Respondents will receive 25% off their BCMA Online School purchase.

www.museum.bc.ca