[BCMA] BC Archives Awareness Week, Nov 13-19, 2022 - event schedule and registration links

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Oct 31 19:34:40 PDT 2022

please excuse cross postings

"I'm Still Standing: Archives 2022"

BC Archives Awareness Week, November 13-19, 2022

We invite you to join the AABC in a series of events to celebrate, connect,
and learn with the BC archival community! The past three years have been
beyond difficult for many of us as we’ve navigated a deadly virus,
burn-out, funding disruptions, and have had our capacities to engage with
our professional practice diminished. Archives Awareness Week seeks to
uplift archival workers, recognize the amazing work we’ve done throughout
the pandemic, and leverage our capacities.

A full week of virtual activities includes a workshop on Managing Oral
History Programs, an exciting screening and Q&A co-hosted with the ACA
featuring the creators and participants of the National Film Board of
Canada’s film *Unarchived*, an engagement session with the Ministry of
Indigenous Relations and Reconciliations (MIRR), an Indigenous Archives
Forum, and an update session to hear from UBC iSchool students and
archivists across the province and the neat projects and ideas they’ve been
working on.

So, grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit back while the AABC celebrates you,
the archival community!

To learn more about Archives Awareness Week events and registration links,
please visit the AABC website at:
https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/2022-Archives-Awareness-Week

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.