[BCMA] Register: Soup-Slinging Syrup Showdowns

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 30 11:37:20 PST 2022

Hello,

Join us for this panel discussion on December 8, *Soup-Slinging Syrup
Showdowns*!

After a series of fluids from soup to syrup have been thrown at famous
paintings in art galleries around the world, galleries and museums are
questioning why they are increasingly sites of climate protests.

While much of the broader sectoral response has been to declare that
cultural institutions must be “seen as allies” and to decry these attacks
on “irreplaceable objects,” these acts of protest require us to look beyond
our initial shock and grapple with how many view our institutions.

Join Caitlin Southwick, Founder and Executive Director of Ki Culture,
Kirsty Roberston, Associate Professor (Contemporary Art and Museum and
Curatorial Studies), Director of Museum and Curatorial Studies at Western
University, and Camille-Mary Sharpe, Faculty Fellow in New York
University's Program in Museum Studies, for a challenging, stimulating, and
reflexive conversation.

We’ll explore why galleries and museums are sites of climate protests, and
what we can do to step up as allies in fighting for a sustainable future.

You can register for this session here:
https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/e4f29ae73ee62b58e213d63c92af50a65df572a1/1
.

Jazmin Hundal
Communications & Special Projects Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

www.museum.bc.ca