[BCMA] Stay safe this winter season

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Nov 15 09:11:18 PST 2022

As we enter into the cold and flu season British Columbians are cautioned
to take safety measures
<https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-bc-masking-advisable-but-not-required-yet-bonnie-henry>
by provincial health officer amid the expected autumn triple threat from
respiratory illnesses. British Columbians should mask up if they have any
respiratory illness symptoms and can’t avoid close contact with others
indoors. Masking is not mandated at this time, only a recommendation.

Dr. Tam, Canada's chief public health officer, called on Canadians
<https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/wear-face-masks-indoors-federal-health-officials-urge-canadians-1.6147377>
to ensure they are up to date on their COVID-19 boosters and flu shots, to
maintain good hand hygiene, and wear well-fitting face masks
<https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/about-non-medical-masks-face-coverings.html>
indoors and in places with poor ventilation, where physical distancing is
not possible.

This year the BC Government is providing free flu shots that can be booked
at the same time as your booster shot. To schedule an appointment click here
<https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster>.

The Canadian Red Cross, working in partnership with Health Canada and
provincial and territorial authorities, is providing free take-home
COVID-19 rapid tests and masks to eligible non-profits and charities to
help keep their personnel and the people they serve safer. To learn more
and see if you are eligible please click here
<https://www.redcross.ca/how-we-help/current-emergency-responses/covid-19-%E2%80%93-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-rapid-tests-and-masks-for-community-organizations>
.

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>