[BCMA] Go2HR's Hub for Workplace Mental Health has a webinar this week!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 9 11:13:09 PST 2022

*We Are Better Together: Two-Part Series for Tourism & Hospitality*

The interactive design offers opportunities to reflect, share your
perspective and engage in self-awareness practices together. To get the
most out of these sessions, please register and attend both dates.
Webinar Facilitator: Bonnie MacDonald
<https://yukon.cmha.ca/home/about-cmha/#:~:text=Bonnie%20MacDonald%20%E2%80%93%20Workplace,hearts%20well%2Dtended.>
from
CMHA Yukon

*PART 1** - November 10th 2022 at 10:00am till 11:00am*

Register:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/we-are-better-together-part-1-tourism-and-hospitality-tickets-416823198407

In our 1st hour, we will open the discussion with a few perspectives on
mental health and look at the mental health landscape in Canada;
highlighting the importance of emotional health.  We will explore
the experiences of depression and anxiety as they are the most common
mental health challenges in the Canadian workforce.  We will wrap up our
time together in part 1 with looking at how befriending our nervous system
supports everyone.

*PART 2 **- November 17th 2022 at 10:00am till 11:00am*

Register:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/we-are-better-together-part-2-tourism-and-hospitality-tickets-416880720457

In our 2nd hour together, we will take a deeper dive into what mental
health means for us as individuals; what is our context, what are the
factors that have shaped our mental health and how do we notice ourselves
and others at work.  This noticing builds our capacity to recognize and
respond to the collective mental health at work.  Social support is not
merely being in the presence of others; the critical element is to be heard
and seen by the people around us.  We will wrap up session #2 with a
discussion about the importance of connection in the workplace as our
mental health is very much interrelated to our social, physical, and
emotional health.

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>