[BCMA] BCMA is looking for a Special Projects & Communications Coordinator

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 26 09:00:00 PDT 2022

BCMA is searching for a driven and socially-conscious individual to join
our team as* Special Projects and Communications Coordinator*. Reporting to
the Operations Manager, the Special Projects and Communications Coordinator
will support key projects including sustainability and climate action
initiatives, as well as lead BCMA communications and support the
development of new standards for equitable and accessible communications.

We are looking for a candidate that brings a passion for BC’s cultural
sector, enjoys making new connections, and has experience with technology
and new media.

*Our Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion*

The BC Museums Association (BCMA) office is located on the traditional,
unceded lands of the Lekwungen peoples (Songhees and Xwsepsum Nations). We
respect past, present, and future Indigenous stewards and recognize that we
are uninvited guests on this territory. As a reflection of the provincial
scope of our membership and organization, we recognize that our affiliates
occupy the ceded, unceded, and sovereign territories of Nations across what
is referred to as British Columbia.

We are committed to supporting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
within the museum and cultural sector and in our own organizational
practices. If you are interested in working with us, but see something in
this posting that excludes you, please reach out to us. We are committed to
decolonizing our practices and creating an inclusive working environment
that accommodates all backgrounds and abilities.

If you have questions about this role and potential accommodations, please
reach out to BCMA’s Executive Director, Ryan Hunt, bcma at museum.bc.ca.

*About the role*

The candidate will work remotely as part of a small, passionate team and a
large provincial network of members, stakeholders, partners, and
volunteers. We offer a creative, inclusive, and flexible work environment
and the chance to make a difference in a community dedicated to supporting
BC’s museums, art galleries, Indigenous cultural centres, historic sites,
and heritage institutions.

The Special Projects and Communications Coordinator’s primary
responsibilities will include: project management, coordinating BCMA
communications, creating digital outreach materials and strategies,
supporting the development of best practices and promoting the
organization’s mission and values to external stakeholders.

The right candidate will have the opportunity to gain skills in project
planning and budgeting, grant writing and reporting, digital
communications, and will be involved in helping the BCMA create new
standards and systems for engaging with stakeholders. Key projects include
our Climate Action and Leadership initiative and supporting our partnership
with the BC Heritage Emergency Response Network.

*Relevant Skills, Experiences, and Interests*

   - Highly developed organizational, time management, and teamwork skills
   - Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
   - Strong digital literacy skills
   - Flexibility and a willingness to engage with a variety of people and
   ideas
   - Software Skills: Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Zoom, Slack, Adobe
   Creative Cloud
   - Grant writing experience would be an asset
   - Passion for arts, culture, heritage, diversity, and community

*Additional Criteria*

Due to the funding for this position, applicants must meet the following
criteria:

Be a post-secondary graduate

Be 30 years of age or under at the start of employment

Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act.

Be legally entitled to work in Canada

(

*This position may be funded by the “Digital Skills for Youth Program”)*

*Work environment and compensation*

Work Week: Monday – Friday (Up to 35 hours per week). Part-time work and/or
flexible scheduling may be possible.

$25 hr, plus statutory benefits.

This position begins on July 5, 2022 and continues until March 31, 2023.

The BCMA team is working remotely for the foreseeable future. We welcome
applications from any location in British Columbia.

*How to apply*

Please send your resume and cover letter to bcma at museum.bc.ca.

*Applications are due by 9:00 pm PT on Tuesday, May 31, 2022.*

If you have any questions about the application process, please email
bcma at museum.bc.ca.

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>