[BCMA] Media Release: World Premiere of Robert Bateman: Heart and Home Exhibition

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed May 18 09:40:18 PDT 2022

Media Release: World Premiere of Robert Bateman: Heart and Home Exhibition

Victoria, BC - Warm and intimate. The new Robert Bateman exhibition will make its world premiere at the Bateman Gallery on June 18.

The Robert Bateman: Heart and Home exhibition illuminates the inspirations, connections and soul of an artist steeped in nature. The collection is comprised of extraordinary artwork and pieces, some never-before-seen and meant for an audience of one.

It captures the intimate occasions of birthdays, holidays, and the love that Robert Bateman shares with his close family and friends.

“It sheds a new light on this brilliant artist,” says Andrea Terrón, curator of the exhibition and Head of Gallery for the Bateman Foundation.

“Engaging, intimate and heartfelt. The exhibition immerses guests to see Robert through the lens of loved ones. You’ll find a mix of masterpieces and pieces that are and will become cherished treasures passed down for generations.”

Just like capturing the fleeting moments of light in the natural world, Robert savours the moments of creating gifts to express his care.

Guests are able to step into Robert’s studio and be immersed in the artist’s space. In the next room, a Bateman Christmas in the 90s has a 54” sculpted Nutcracker with a mischievous grin standing beside a handcrafted Christmas crèche. The journey continues with paintings, drawings and furniture pieces gifted to loved ones. Timeless and detailed, the pieces can be passed down and enjoyed by future generations.

“This exhibit provides a very different and emotional experience,” said John Bateman, Robert Bateman’s son and vice chair of the Bateman Foundation.

“Dad once said, “what we see, and experience, is what we become, it’s what we teach, it’s what we leave behind.” This exhibit reminds people to stop, reflect, and be present. If we’ve learned anything from the pandemic, it is the fleeting and shared connections with our loved ones that leave a mark on our life.”

The Bateman Gallery invites the public for this highly anticipated exhibition on June 18.

On June 17, the media will be invited for an exclusive sneak peek. An invite will be released later next month. For more information about Robert Bateman: Heart and Home, visit https://batemanfoundation.org/exhibits/robert-bateman-heart-and-home.

About The Bateman Foundation
The Bateman Foundation is a nationally registered charity with a mission to build a relationship with nature through art. Founded by renowned artist and naturalist Robert Bateman, the foundation uses art to understand the environment. It is one of the only non-profits in Canada that primarily uses artwork to promote a connection to nature.

Reaching over 300,000 people across North America, the Bateman Foundation educates more than 4,000 people through the flagship education program NatureSketch and welcomes over 20,000 visitors in the gallery.

Through educational programs, community collaborations and gallery exhibitions, the Bateman Foundation inspires a generation of people to build a deeper relationship with the natural world. For more information about the Bateman Foundation, visit batemanfoundation.org.

The Bateman Foundation and gallery are both located on the traditional lands of the Lekwungen People, also known as the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations.

Find the Bateman Foundation on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/batemanfdn
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/batemanfdn
Twitter: https://twitter.com/batemanfdn
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/batemanfdn

– 30 –

For media inquiries, please contact:
Katherine Dalusong
Head of Marketing and Sales
The Bateman Foundation
Email: katherine at batemanfoundation.org
Phone: 250.940.3626 ex.320

Cassie Holcomb (she/her)
Grants and Fundraising Coordinator
The Bateman Foundation and Gallery
300 – 470 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8V 1W9
Phone: 250.940.3630
[cid:4282b37f-7067-4a39-93bc-6527ecb51dbf]<https://www.facebook.com/batemanfdn>  [cid:16f013cd-71da-49e2-81ca-69536783c046] <https://twitter.com/batemanfdn>   [cid:6453dbb8-9eee-4796-bad0-a1e998c16022] <https://www.instagram.com/batemanfdn>   [cid:b4fb1ae7-41d8-41e5-aab6-551876b38e82] <https://www.youtube.com/c/BatemanFDN>   [cid:d83015ea-432b-4f03-87e5-14e6a4e8844f] <https://www.tiktok.com/@batemanfdn>
Visit us.<https://batemanfoundation.org/gallery/>  Learn with us.<https://batemanfoundation.org/nature-sketch/>  Shop with us.<https://shop.batemanfoundation.org/>  Give the gift of Nature.<https://batemanfoundation.org/donate/> 🌱