[BCMA] Event: "Composing Us" at MOV - promo code for BCMA members!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue May 17 12:52:20 PDT 2022

Dear BCMA Colleagues,

Happy Asian Heritage Month! On Sunday May 29th, we invite you all to join us for a conversation with three of the artists featured in our “A Seat at the Table” exhibition on Chinese Migration to BC: <https://museumofvancouver.ca/a-seat-at-the-table-mov> Judy Jheung “Composing_You Chinatowns”, Paul Wong “Grandmother’s Cupboard”, and Stella Zheng “Thank You, Come Again”. Each artist will talk to us about their pieces in the exhibit and then simmer together on what it means to have a “seat at the table” as Chinese Canadian artists across genres, mediums, and diasporas. A q&a portion with the audience will follow. The panel will be moderated by Winnie Kwan.
Starting today, BCMA members may use a special promo code for 20% off the ticket price. Pre-registration is required. Register for event here: https://museumofvancouver.ca/composing-us - use promo code: bcma

Prior to this 7pm panel, attendees are invited to join a special tour of the exhibit with a focus on the artists’ work at 6:15pm.

Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Alyssa Sy de Jesus | 施麗莎 [she/her]
Program Manager
Museum of Vancouver
1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC V6J 3J9
778-322-1751
www.museumofvancouver.ca<http://www.museumofvancouver.ca/>

Featured Exhibitions:

Boarder X <https://museumofvancouver.ca/boarder-x>

That Which Sustains Us<https://museumofvancouver.ca/that-which-sustains-us>

A Seat at the Table:<https://museumofvancouver.ca/a-seat-at-the-table-mov> Chinese Immigration and British Columbia

We acknowledge that MOV is located within the unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.