[BCMA] BC Museums Week 2022 is here! Join us for our first webinar State of Hate - How Museums Can Identify and Address Hate

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon May 16 09:16:03 PDT 2022

*BC Museums Week: State of Hate - How Museums Can Identify and Address Hate*

*Today, 12:00pm PT*

Join the BCMA and the Canadian Anti-hate Network for a crucial discussion
about the state of hate in Canada. During this webinar, we will focus on
recent events such as the COVID pandemic, the Ottawa convoy and the recent
BC protests while looking at the intersection of COVID conspiracy movements
and hate. Participants will learn how to identify when people are being
groomed into hate and conspiratorial thinking and how to intervene with
peers, friends, and loved ones. The role of museums is not neutral in the
fight against hate, register for this session and learn how your team can
address comments made on your site, in your exhibits and in your community.

The Canadian Anti-Hate Network <https://www.antihate.ca/> is an
independent, nonprofit organization made up of Canada’s leading experts and
researchers on hate groups and hate crimes. Their mandate is to monitor,
research, and counter hate groups by providing education and information on
hate groups to the public, media, researchers, courts, law enforcement, and
community groups.

Registration
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/8a9b07100917248077d98e71b7687640e99d8cf6/1>
is free!

[image: Anti-Hate Workshop (5).jpg]
--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

*RoundUp Issue 282: Maintaining Momentum* is now online! Read the full
publication on our website
<https://museum.bc.ca/playlist/?spl=75620F4046000000>.