[BCMA] Recommendations for Advisor/Contractor in Historical Objects

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Mar 16 11:56:31 PDT 2022

Hello
Can any of you recommend an independent advisor or consultant, who can be hired to guide a review process of an historical objects collection?

Tasks would include developing a Collections and Acquisitions Policy for a municipal historical objects collection, consultation with community stakeholders about the desire to collect historical objects, and developing a facilities plan and budget, including collection storage.

Please feel free to reach out to Hilary Letwin at hletwin at westvancouver.ca<mailto:hletwin at westvancouver.ca> with recommendations or for more information. With thanks, Hilary

Hilary Letwin, PhD (she, her, hers)
Museum Administrator/Curator  |  West Vancouver Art Museum
District of West Vancouver
t: 604-925-7179  |  c: 604-417-8382
westvancouverartmuseum.ca

[cid:image004.png at 01D2CFF3.2A67E460]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/WestVancouverArtMuseum__;!!LeSHLvzfUoZNhw!NXirIWDFOW0FL_0CdQLBqr2t-MUp69PIDIbNYUA9-AxQfZpSgomPCNKBrQsU7d_g8hONKg$>  [cid:image005.png at 01D2CFF3.2A67E460] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/WestVanMuseum__;!!LeSHLvzfUoZNhw!NXirIWDFOW0FL_0CdQLBqr2t-MUp69PIDIbNYUA9-AxQfZpSgomPCNKBrQsU7d9wYxbq3A$>   [cid:image006.png at 01D2CFF3.2A67E460] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/westvancouverartmuseum__;!!LeSHLvzfUoZNhw!NXirIWDFOW0FL_0CdQLBqr2t-MUp69PIDIbNYUA9-AxQfZpSgomPCNKBrQsU7d-2Pxvycg$>
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation), səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh Nation), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Nation). We recognize and respect them as nations in this territory, as well as their historic connection to the lands and waters around us since time immemorial.