[BCMA] Advocacy Post: If 9 Out of 10 Canadians Agree that Museums Matter, Why Don’t We Fund Them Like They Do?

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 30 15:59:35 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

To reflect on the Province's recent announcement that the Royal BC Museum
modernization project will be paused, the BCMA wanted to reflect on the
state of museum and cultural funding and the historical mismatch between
the impact of our sector and levels of support we receive from government.

We hope this post helps to provide members with useful examples and
statistics about the impact and value of our sector that can be used in
your own community conversations and advocacy efforts.

https://museum.bc.ca/if-canadians-agree-that-museums-matter-why-dont-we-fund-them-like-they-do/

Over the summer the BCMA will be updating and sharing a number of advocacy
resources in the lead up to the October province-wide local government
elections. We look forward to sharing more advocacy resources very soon!

All the best,

Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca