[BCMA] Sidney Museum Welcomes New Staff Members

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 29 16:20:45 PDT 2022

For Immediate Release

Sidney Museum Welcomes a New Contingent of Staff

Sidney, British Columbia, June 24, 2022 - The Sidney Museum is excited to
announce the arrival of three new staff members over the last two months.

It was a season of change at the Museum this spring, as all three permanent
employees left to pursue new career opportunities. While the Museum was sad
to see Alyssa, Adrian, and Sydney go, we are thrilled to introduce our new
staff members and we look forward to the unique and diverse talents that
they bring.

Michael Goodchild has joined the Museum team as Executive Director, and the
Museum is looking forward to all of the experience and energy that he
brings to the position. Michael holds a Master’s in Museum Studies from the
University of Toronto and has worked in a variety of museums since
completion of his degree. Most recently, he was the Museum Coordinator for
The Fraser River Discovery Center in New Westminster.

Also joining the Sidney Museum staff is Megan Houghton, the new Assistant
Director. Megan has recently graduated from the University of Victoria with
a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and Indigenous Studies. The Museum is
looking forward to how Megan’s background can help us continue to build
meaningful relationships with the local Indigenous communities and further
our repatriation policy.

Jessie Johnston has also come on board at the Museum as the new Education
and Outreach Coordinator. Jessie has worked in education at various museums
and historic sites in Canada and we are hopeful that she can bring her
experience to the interpretive programming at the Sidney Museum.

The Museum is looking forward to this new chapter and we are eager to see
what this dynamic and passionate staff team can do.

The Sidney Museum is currently open, by donation, 7 days a week from
10am-4pm.  Please see the Museum’s website for more details on the current
and upcoming exhibitions.

–­  –­

For more information or interviews, contact:

Michael Goodchild

Executive Director, Sidney Museum

(250)655-6355

director at sidneymuseum.ca

--

Address: 2423 Beacon Avenue L3

Sidney, BC V8L 1X5

Tel: 250.655.6355

Web sidneymuseum.ca

*We respectfully acknowledge the Sidney Museum & Archives has been shaped
by the colonial history of Canada, and is located in Sidney/SET,TINES on
the unceded territory of the W̱SÁNEĆ People. We understand that territory
acknowledgment is just one part of Reconciliation, and the museum continues
to work towards other ways that we can participate in Reconciliation
alongside Indigenous communities.*