[BCMA] 'Queering the Interior' film premiere - Wednesday, June 22

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jun 6 11:23:15 PDT 2022

Good morning -

The Nelson Museum is proud to announce the premiere screening of Queering the Interior - a documentary that centres on the people and moments that defined the LGBTQ2S+ community in the Kootenays, while paying tribute to the legacy of activism that led to a diverse and robust queer population today. The film, produced by the Nelson Museum, was directed by Amy Bohigian at Watershed Productions, and features stories from Michael Wicks, Smokii Sumac, Jesse Halton, and more. Full event details are in the attached press release.

Photo: Installation view of the 2021 gallery exhibition Kootenay Pride: We Love a Parade!
Photo Credit: Bobbi Barbarich

For more information, or to arrange an interview with Nelson Museum Executive Director Astrid Heyerdahl or Director Amy Bohigian, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Steph

[cid:a649c9a5-4ca4-4ded-8653-288ef29947fa at CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]

Stephanie Delnea
Communications Coordinator
Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History
P: 250-352-9813 x.204
c: 250-505-8153

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History acknowledges that the Museum resides on the traditional unceded territory of the Sinixt and Ktunaxa Nations. We would like to thank and acknowledge the Sinixt, Yaqan Nukiy Ktunaxa and the Métis people for the opportunity to live, learn and share in cultural experiences in this beautiful place. Learn More<http://trc.ca/assets/pdf/Calls_to_Action_English2.pdf>

[cid:b044a852-f5a0-4a86-a906-eeb8ea388d3c at CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]