[BCMA] Podcast: GLAM International Series – Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 2 08:17:16 PDT 2022

*The BCMA is launching a new podcast series! The GLAM International Series
will help galleries, libraries, archives, and museum professionals in BC
reflect on what it means to be an informed citizen with a global
perspective. *

Through this podcast series, we will interview innovators, disrupters, and
thinkers that help to frame the work we do in an international context.

In our first episode, we speak with SUCHO. Saving Ukrainian Cultural
Heritage Online (SUCHO) is a group of more than 1,300 cultural heritage
professionals working together to identify and archive at-risk sites,
digital content, and data in Ukrainian cultural heritage institutions while
the country is under attack.

In this episode, Ryan Hunt and Tanya Paholock of the BCMA are joined by Dr.
Kimberley Martin to discuss SUCHO, the importance of online cultural
heritage, and how you can help preserve Ukrainian heritage.

Listen to our first episode online:
https://museum.bc.ca/brain/glam-international-sucho/

You can learn more about SUCHO and their work online at
https://www.sucho.org/