[BCMA] BC Accents study - please help us recruit participants

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 15 12:57:21 PDT 2022

 Hi, there:

I'm part of a research team at UBC exploring whether BC has more dialect
differences across the province than previously acknowledged (
https://blogs.ubc.ca/drawl/). We have flyers -- specific to regions of BC
-- that we'd like posted in museums across the province to help us recruit
participants. The flyers include a QR code that individuals can scan that
will take them to our study webpage. You can find downloadable versions of
the flyers by heading to this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rvqh43prjbi98ek/AAC9zS3cGlCUAAAQGfqyN0QTa?dl=0

Thanks so much for your help in studying speech in BC!

Best,
Dr. Molly Babel
Department of Linguistics
University of British Columbia

--
Molly Babel (she/her)
Associate Professor | Arts | Linguistics
molly.babel at ubc.ca

Speech In Context Lab | speechincontext.arts.ubc.ca

I acknowledge that the University of British Columbia is located on the
traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm,
Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, and Səl̓ílwətaɬ Nations (Vancouver campuses) and the Sylix
peoples (Okanagan campus). A land acknowledgment is an opportunity to show
commitment towards reconciliation and the recognition of Indigenous peoples
and languages. You can visit native-land.ca or https://maps.fpcc.ca to
learn more about these peoples, languages, and places.