[BCMA] Records Management Insight

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jul 5 14:13:36 PDT 2022

Hello colleagues!

Here at the GVMA we are looking into adopting a records management system in order to better understand the maze that is our computer system. While we of course have well-organized databases for our archival resources, many of our own institutional records are virtually lost, buried in computer folders and sub-folders. I am reaching out to see if anyone has any experience with implementing a records management system, whether that be through the purchasing of specific software or through the devising of some other (less expensive) system. We are new to this process, which at this point is long overdue, so any suggestions/guidance, big or small, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Gwyneth Evans (she/her)

Research and Communications Coordinator
Museum and Archives of Vernon
3009 - 32nd Avenue | Vernon, BC V1T 2L8
www.vernonmuseum.ca
250-550-3140

We respectfully acknowledge the Museum & Archives of Vernon is located on the Ancestral, Traditional and Unceded Territory of the Okanagan Nation and the Syilx People.