[BCMA] Next Week is Heritage Week : Altogether Inclusive | Join us for free webinars and more!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Feb 18 11:09:34 PST 2022

*Heritage Week 2022 : Altogether Inclusive Begins Monday February 21st*

*February 17, 2022 –  BC:*  Heritage Week kicks off next week, Monday,
February 21st with a ton of events across the province. Here's how you can
you get involved:

   - Check out our Heritage Week All Events Calendar
   <https://heritagebc.ca/events-activities/heritage-week/events-2022/> to
   find activities and events in your community. If your organization is
   hosting a Heritage Week event, send us an email <npicard at heritagebc.ca> and
   we'll add it to the calendar.
   - Share your Heritage Week activities using the hashtags
   #BCheritageweek, #myBCis, and #myCanadais
   - Attend one of Heritage BC's free webinars:
      - Our webinars-on-demand
      <https://heritagebc.ca/learning-centre/webinars-on-demand/> will be
      free to the public for the duration of Heritage Week 2022 - February 21st
      to 27th.
      - We are also hosting two free webinars during Heritage Week:

*Monday February 21st at 3-4pm PST | Behind the Exhibit - Inclusion : The
Journey to Community with the Port Moody Station Museum*
As the sharers of history, it is important for heritage organizations to
engage with the historical experiences of the diverse communities we
represent. This year, the Port Moody Station Museum did just that in their
exhibit, Inclusion: The Journey to Community. Built in partnership with the
Community Ventures Society, Inclusion BC, and BC Self Advocacy Foundation,
the exhibit features the history and present day stories of members of Port
Moody’s community with intellectual disabilities.
Markus Fahrner, Curator at the Port Moody Museum,  Linda King, Executive
Director and Miriam Hoolahan, Director of Communications at Community
Ventures Society, Karla Verschoor, Executive Director at Inclusion BC, and
Richard McDonald, President of the BC Self Advocacy Foundation will share
their experience bringing the exhibit to life.
Location: Online, Zoom
Registration: Free, but pre-registration is required
Please visit the Heritage BC
<https://heritagebc.ca/learning-centre/webinars-on-demand/upcoming-webinars/#webinar1>
website
to register.

*Monday February 28th at 3-4:30pm PST | Zoom Q&A : Working Towards Built
Inclusion*After the last day of Heritage Week, we invite you to look to the
future and consider what strategies and adaptations you’re going to make in
your organization to be more accessible and inclusive.
To facilitate these internal questions, we are concluding the week with a
Q&A panel of assembled experts. Together they will advise on challenges
with accessibility in the built environment, and the unique difficulties
that we face as heritage organizations in updating or retrofitting our
buildings for accessibility. The panel will feature an introduction to the
Rick Hansen Foundation’s Accessibility Certification (RHFAC) as a way of
increasing accessibility in your organization. Learn more about our
panelists on the event page
<https://heritagebc.ca/learning-centre/webinars-on-demand/upcoming-webinars/#webinar2>
.
Location: Online, Zoom
Registration: Free, but pre-registration is required.
Please visit the Heritage BC
<https://heritagebc.ca/learning-centre/webinars-on-demand/upcoming-webinars/#webinar2>
website to register.

For more information about Heritage Week, visit
https://heritagebc.ca/events-activities/heritage-week/ or call 778-726-2761.

*Contact: *

Nathalie Lim Picard (she/her)

Heritage Program Coordinator

*Heritage BC*

778-726-2761

npicard at heritagebc.ca

https://heritagebc.ca
--

*This email is monitored daily by Heritage BC staff.*

*➤--Mailing Address:PO Box 846Ladysmith, BCV9G 1A6*

*➤--Follow us **@heritagebcanada <https://linktr.ee/heritagebc>*

➤--*Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter
<https://heritagebc.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=2081f5d4b932bd1a9a4b4e743&id=1a27edef87>*

*As an organization of provincial scope, Heritage BC recognizes that
its members, and the local history and heritage they seek to preserve,
occupy the lands and territories of B.C.’s Indigenous peoples. Heritage BC
asks its members to reflect on the places where they reside and work, and
to respect the diversity of cultures and experiences that form the richness
of our provincial heritage. Learn more about on whose land you live.
<https://native-land.ca/>*