[BCMA] Light metre recommendations

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Dec 15 02:41:05 PST 2022

Dear Erin et al ,
I'm a conservator with a BC family and have not worked there, yet HINT
HINT. I did a test. I assembled three light meters  from a contractor,
myself and the host museum and went around a gallery to test them, they
varied considerably on the reading , to me considerably was 10-15 lux .
More work needs doing on this, I am currently conserving family in the UK
not artefacts, but writing a book on preventative conservation, in it I
make a suggestion that a bring your light meter event should be made to a
meeting that conservators attend , so that you can compare.
I of course do not know which one was right
Paul Harrison BSc MSc FIIC PCIFA