[BCMA] AABC website updates & hot off the press...Winter 2022 AABC Newsletter!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Dec 13 12:41:48 PST 2022

please excuse cross-postings

Colleagues,

As we draw near to the final weeks of 2022, a number of updates can now be
found on the AABC website, including:

- *Archivist's Toolkit <https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/Archivist-Toolkit>*:
all links refreshed and new resources added!
This includes the Nov. 23, 2022 slides for "The Reconciliation Framework:
Presentation and Q&A"
<https://archives2026.files.wordpress.com/2022/11/aca-trc-tf.presentation-nov.22.2022.pdf>,
as presented by members of the Response to the Report of the Truth and
Reconciliation Commission Taskforce (TRC-TF): Donald Johnson, Erica
Hernandez-Read, Krista McCracken, Raegan Swanson & Jennifer Jansen.

- *BC Historical Photographs Online
<https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/BC-Historical-Photographs-Online>*: all
links refreshed and some new collections added! If you would like your
archives/organization included in this resource, please contact
aabc.advisor at aabc.ca

- *New resource page*: *BC Archives and Residential School Records*
<https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/page-18130> - includes the BC Archives
Awareness Week presentation on Nov. 16, 2022 by the Ministry of Indigenous
Relations and Reconciliation and the Indian Residential School History and
Dialogue Centre. A recording of the original presentation is available for
viewing, along with links to the resources discussed during the
presentation.

....AND hot off the press...the *AABC Winter 2022 Newsletter*
<https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/AABC-Newsletter> (vol. 24, no. 2) is now
available!

We are working on event planning for 2023 that will include a return to our
annual in-person conference, more webinars and roundtables, and other
professional development and engagement opportunities that support the AABC
Strategic Plan. Stay tuned for updates!

Wishing everyone a festive holiday season,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.