[BCMA] Job Posting : Museum Coordinator

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 22 11:16:56 PDT 2022

The Port Moody Heritage Society is looking for someone to join our team.

Port Moody Station Museum:

JOB TITLE: Museum Coordinator

REPORTS TO: Executive Director

HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week; some weekends and evenings required

Compensation:  $27.00/hr plus comprehensive benefits package including RRSP contribution.

Probationary Period: 3 months

Job Summary
As part of a small team operating a community museum, share the heritage of Port Moody with individuals and groups through the development and execution of Museum events, programs, exhibitions, displays and promotional activities.

Key Job Duties and Responsibilities

• Marketing Promotions and Communications: Responsible for all design work on promotional and educational materials for the Museum. Updating both social networking sites and Museum website.
•  Plan and coordinate special events both at the Museum and off-site: plan activities, purchase materials, promote events, organize volunteers and work with sponsors / partners to deliver events.
• Manage Event & Programs projects.
• Develop and deliver educational programming and materials; build relationships with teachers and target groups and promote programs;
• Developing and executing exhibitions.
• Manage the Museum’s long-term and temporary exhibition and display projects
• Assist in daily Museum operations
• Assist projects for the Summer staff
• Purchase supplies for Gift Shop and oversee sales.
• Provide Board and Member support as required.
• General duties of operating a small community museum

Supervisory Responsibility:
• Assist: Weekend /Summer Staff /Volunteers

Qualifications:
• University or college level graduation in a related discipline(e.g. museum studies, human geography, history, communications)
• 1-3 years’ experience in the delivery of professional cultural programs
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Must have technical experience and expertise applicable to the specific role
• Supervision of staff is an asset
• Graphic design is an asset

Please submit resume and cover letter to Jim Millar, Executive Director, info at portmoodymuseum.org. Deadline for submissions is Friday May 6, 2022 by noon. The Port Moody Heritage Society thanks all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.

The Port Moody Station Museum
2734 Murray Street
Port Moody, BC, V3H 1X2

604-939-1648 Office

Website: http://portmoodymuseum.org/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Portmoodyheritagesociety/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pomomuseum/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pomomuseum

We acknowledge our location on the unceded territories of the Coast Salish speaking peoples, with whom we are actively working to develop strong relationships.