[BCMA] Employment Opportunity - Interim Curator and Collections Manager

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Apr 19 15:50:23 PDT 2022

The Tumbler Ridge Museum has a short-term curatorial opening while we review our organizational structure and refine our job descriptions. This 4-6 month contract is highly project management focused and we are looking for an experienced team member to take on the challenge of joining mid-stream to implement a new collections database, maintain progress with a major gallery project, and help manage all things that come along with a busy summer season like mentoring summer students and coordinating field activities.

The Tumbler Ridge Museum collects, researches, archives, and displays over 300 million years of Peace Region history, from early examples of marine life, dinosaurs, and the ice age, to First Nations and Metis, early explorers, mining, and the founding of the town. Detailed information about the museum can be found at www.trmf.ca<http://www.trmf.ca>.

Tumbler Ridge is a remote community located in the foothills of northeast British Columbia. In 2014 the community received a UNESCO Global Geopark designation due to its internationally important geological, palaeontological, and heritage resources. The area is known for its extensive hiking trails and is the waterfall capital of the north. More information about the Geopark can be found at www.tumblerridgegeopark.ca<http://www.tumblerridgegeopark.ca>.

Details regarding the position are attached.

Zena Conlin
Executive Director

Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation
Box 1348, 255 Murray Drive
Tumbler Ridge, BC V0C 2W0
250.242.3466

www.trmf.ca<http://www.trmf.ca/>

The Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation recognizes and thanks the stewards and knowledge keepers of these lands who have been here long before the existence of Tumbler Ridge; the Dunne-Za, Tse'Khene, Saulteau, Cree, and Metis Peoples. We express our gratitude at the privilege of living and working here. The TRMF has benefited greatly from this land and as such we reflect on our presence and practices, and hold space for better a future.