[BCMA] New job opening for museum educators

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Apr 13 11:30:31 PDT 2022

Calling all museum educators!

My name is Michael, Museum Coordinator at the Fraser River Discovery Centre in New Westminster.

I wanted to let you know that NatureKidsBC, a registered charity organization we’ve worked with in the past aimed at helping kids aged 5-12 get outdoors to explore and learn about nature, has a job opening for the role of "2022 Powerful Plants Project Lead" and has asked me to share it around.

The job would entail a few responsibilities, but most relate to work pertaining to education programming:
- Virtual and in-person event programming,
- Creating content for the charities' magazine, NatureWILD,
- Education toolkit and resource creation,
- Participating in NatureKids BC's Citizen Science Stewardship Projects.

I have attached the job posting to this message, which includes information about hours expected, salary, and so on.

Thanks very much!

Michael Goodchild

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D84F27.2B3BFC60]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D84F27.2B3BFC60]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D84F27.2B3BFC60]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D84F27.2B3BFC60]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D84F27.2B3BFC60]Please consider the environment before printing.

I’d like to acknowledge that The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Halq̓eméylem speaking peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.