[BCMA] Museum of Surrey Anti Racism Series: Upcoming Webinars

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Sep 13 08:30:39 PDT 2021

*September’s Session*

Understanding Whiteness & Being an Ally

Join Cathy Gallagher-Louisy of CGL Consulting to explore what it means to
be a white person in a society built on white supremacy. White people who
wish to be allies and advocates for racial justice must first understand
how race has shaped our identity and lived experiences, even if the
influence of race on our lives has been mostly invisible to us.

Wednesday, September 29 from 12-1pm PST, on Microsoft Teams

*October’s Session*

Building and Living an Anti-Racism Life

Join Kearie Daniel in a workshop focusing on anti-Black racism. We will
take you through the ways in which colonialism works in your everyday life
and how to dismantle it.  In this session, learn the tools to move from
being an ally to an active accomplice.

Wednesday, October 27 from 12 to 1pm PST, on Microsoft Teams