[BCMA] Mark your Calendars: Financial Sustainability Week September 13 - 19th

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Sep 7 11:03:42 PDT 2021

*Financial Sustainability Week*

Now more than ever, arts, culture, and heritage organizations must explore
new revenue models to ensure a secure future for their institutions. This
learning week will investigate how your organization can take steps towards
financial sustainability with earned income, facility use, food service,
e-commerce, travel programs, and philanthropy.

Registration is now open
<https://museum.bc.ca/brain/financial-sustainability-week/>!

*Tax Time webinar
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/5d5c974a813b9e5010207dc6f996d51cc21703b2/1>,
Monday, September 13th, 10:00 am*
Non-for-profit? Registered Charity? Join the BCMA and CRA to learn how to
get the most from your tax return.

*Show Business webinar
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/247605ad36d04f004d1f234e136a4c355a690954/1>,
Wednesday, September 15th, 12:00 pm*
Join the BCMA and Burnaby Village Museum Curator, Jane Lemke in exploring
some best practices and the steps your organization could take to prepare
for and benefit from filming at your site.

*Impact Investing webinar
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/c9d1bde67c2161303e3991087b87e142e9c07ea8/1>
Thursday,
September 16th, 10:00 am *
Impact investing aims to generate social and environmental impact alongside
financial returns. Learn how and why with Island Savings and NEI
Investments.

*The MICE Market of Corporate Events
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/0f0213327c775dbc8b391083cb5c1c37735797f4/1>
Friday,
September 17th, 12:00 pm*
Corporate events are often overlooked when organizations explore rentals as
a revenue stream. Join the BCMA and Cynthia Klaassen to learn how to craft
a robust and fruitful venue rental program.

Explore more resources, podcasts, and blog posts on our Financial
Sustainability here!
<https://museum.bc.ca/brain/financial-sustainability-week/>

[image: Financial Sustainability Prep Posts (9).jpg]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

The BCMA 2021 Conference will take place on October 7, 14, 21 & 28. Find
out more and register
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/conference/> today!