[BCMA] Long-Distance Research Policies

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Sep 29 14:15:19 PDT 2021

Hello colleagues,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am reaching out to you from the Vernon Museum. Recently our operations manager has asked our archival team to re-evaluate our policies when it comes to long-distance research, and I was hoping some of you might be willing to share the approach used by your institution. At the moment, we provide the first 20 minutes or research free, and then every subsequent hour at a charge of $30. I was particularly wondering if, when this situation arises for you, you provide the research material before payment or hold it back until the patron has paid. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Gwyneth Evans (she/her)
Research and Communications Coordinator
Greater Vernon Museum & Archives
3009 - 32nd Avenue | Vernon, BC V1T 2L8
www.vernonmuseum.ca
250-550-3140
The Greater Vernon Museum & Archives is located on the Ancestral, Traditional and Unceded Territory of the Okanagan Nation and the Syilx People.